Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums AFAPW Community Introductions Share something interesting about yourself! Reply To: Share something interesting about yourself!

• Mary Schrier

February 15, 2020 at 5:27 pm

I’m glad to finally take a few minutes to introduce myself to the group. I’m a BCBA in Michigan. I oversee an autism program through our local community mental health. We cover 6 counties and serve kids up to age 21, currently about 175 in our program! It’s an interesting eclectic program because I supervise a staff of 6 behavior analysts, but our techs are contracted employees. We also contract with about a dozen private ABA agencies that have their own BCBAs and techs on staff, so I’m less directly involved with their services.

I attended the ACT for BAs bootcamp in Toronto in January and it was a great, revitalizing experience for me! In a way I felt like I was at a retreat for personal growth as well as professional growth. While there I was searching for follow-up opportunities and came across this course. It is a perfect fit for me, to help me use what I’ve been learning and apply it to my own life and help make some positive changes. Thanks Abby!