Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums AFAPW Community Introductions Share something interesting about yourself! Reply To: Share something interesting about yourself!

• Jessica Gamba

January 22, 2020 at 7:14 pm

Great to meet you Abby! I’m thrilled to be joining this community you’ve initiated.

I live in Evanston, IL and teach at National Louis University. I moved here from California just over ten years ago. The science and philosophy of behavior analysis utterly entranced me from the moment I stumbled across it in an undergraduate elective taken basically at random. It feels a little cheesy to say but that was a huge turning point in my life!

As for something a little more personal about me – my partner owns a board game cafe, and I help out there occasionally. It’s been critical to us to ensure that the space is safe and welcoming for all, and I’ve been particularly happy to see it become a hub for the local LGBTQ+ community over the years. I don’t consider myself to be particularly good at games but I love ’em. Cards, board games, roleplaying, video games – they’ve become a big part of my social life! I’ve also been chipping away at some research lines related to gamification of education and analysis of variables affecting choices made during games.